Sunday, March 20, 2011

Second Week of Lent

Family Prayer

Scripture readings: Genesis 12, 1-4; Psalm 33, 4-5, 18-19, 20, 22; 2Timothy 1, 8-10; Matthew 17, 1-9

This week we are focusing in on prayer again.  We encourage you to take time to pray alone this week and maybe make an effort to get up a little early or turn off the T.V. to find some time.

Prayer and time spent with God is when we hear God speak to us. if we are always asking for this or telling God things, God doesn't get a chance to answer us or tell us things we need to know.


Prayer is a discipline too.  Often times we don't feel like praying or we are tired or hungry.  but if we make prayer a part of our routing, we get into the habit and it has the potential to change us and make us grow into better people.


Please pray this prayer as a family this week and for your quiet time prayer alone.

Dear Jesus,

I welcome you into my home and into my heart.  Please make me into the person you want me to be.  You are my God and my savior.  May your love and forgiveness fill me with joy and peace.  I pray for my friends and family and ask you to be the center of all of our lives.  I pray this in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

Amen.